[caution icon=’Icomoon/icomoon-alarm-2||size:38px’ shadow=’3′]Microsoft Server 2003 support formally ends on July 14, 2015. have you already updated your Server?[/caution]
News stories about security breaches are making headlines these days. We’ve recently read about this one, affecting 11 million customers, and this one about a hacker who specifically targeted small businesses. In addition, the Department of Homeland Security released this alert. You may not have been directly impacted by them, and as a business owner, you want to do everything you can to protect your business. The simple fact is, if you’re running Windows Server 2003, you’re putting your business at risk.
So what happens when on July 14, 2015?
- No security updates, exposing your Windows Server 2003 installation to security threats
- If your business accept credit cards, you’ll be out of PCI compliance.
- If you handle client heath care data, HIPAA data policies may not be met
- Should you have an issue with your Windows Server 2003 server there will not be phone or onsite support options
As a Microsoft business partner, Synergy IT Solutions help you immediately by taking the following actions:
- Identify your Windows Server 2003 instances and assess the business critical apps that are running on them
- Construct a plan for your migration – whether that’s to Windows Server 2012 R2 or Microsoft Azure or both.
- Manage your migration so your business is minimally impacted and you are protected by the time end of support happens on July 14, 2015.
At Synergy IT, we look forward to talking to you about migrating from Windows Server 2003 to a solution that’s suited specifically to your needs.