Microsoft released a major updated to Windows 10 popularly know as Windows 10 Anniversary Update. This update is being offered for PC, tablets, phones, Xbox One, Microsoft HoloLens and IOT
providing improvements in all aspects of the platform and experience, including thousands of partners updating their device drivers and applications for great Windows 10 compatibility. Windows 10 has seen a great amount of interest amongsts it’s users with over over 270 million active devices, outpacing Windows 7 in the same timeframe by 145%.
- Redesign of the Start menu with easy access to settings and Windows Explorer
- Extensions of Microsoft edge
- Improved Cortana with over 1000 apps
- Prevents malware from compromising system before OS and defenses can start
- Windows Hello Brings Biometric Security to Apps and Microsoft Edge. Passwords can be replaced with biometrics and easy to use multi-factor authentication.
- User credentials are protected using hardware based virtualization/isolation
- Next Gen app control and OS hardening give IT complete control of what runs in their environment
- Data separation and containment capabilities help prevent accidental data leaks
- Detect and respond to breaches with built in behavioral sensors and cloud based analytics
If you don’t receive the Anniversary Update automatically go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and then click Check for updates.
This should force the Anniversary Update for your PC. How out the articles on how to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update
Having problems with Installing or Updating Windows 10?
Some users have reported issues when Installing or Updating Windows 10. If you are our customer and part of our managed IT service support, you are fully covered for us. However, if you are not our customer and needs assistance with Windows 10 Updates, please contact us at the earliest.