Here is a wonderful insight from Datto backup solutions highlighting why intelligent business continuity scores over traditional backup solutions.
- Recovery time with traditional or legacy backup time such as Tape is much higer and can take days or even weeks to restore while the IBC downtime after disaster is reduced to hours minutes or even seconds
- In the legacy backup there is a High risk for human error due to heavy manual administration: 60% of on-site disasters are due to human error while with Intelligent Business Continuity, there is a full automation backup process—very little manual management required
- backup speeds is also a major factor where the modern backup is quick and efficient transferring of files to off-site data centers, even with low bandwidth or busy network environments. Critical data can be prioritized to be transferred off-site first
- in legacy, there is no redundant backups in multiple locations, leaving high risk for original backup systems to be destroyed while with IBC, it eliminates downtime in the event of a disaster by allowing your business to run off the secure cloud
- With traditional backup such as tape drives, there is potential danger for theft or natural disaster onsite but with modern hybrid backup, these are off-site backups stored in SSAE 16 data centers